Too busy to write your book? Ghostwriting may be the answer!
Our growing team of editors, journalists and professional writers now cover every genre. As well as providing author mentoring, they can, if required, develop a book structure and create content on behalf of the author. We have created a number of books for authors in this way – but our lips are sealed! Ghosts keep their work to themselves. No-one will ever know!
Cost vary dependent on the subject matter, complexity, the need for research and the amount of content their author has prepared. It would not be the first time that we have started from scratch!
How it works
- We first provide a Readers Report to evaluate what you have already written
- We work with you to develop a structure for the book and to identify what still need to be created
- We conduct a series of journalistic style interviews on phone or Skype to get background information and to tune in to your ‘voice’ – so that we can reflect it in the writing
- We transcribe the interviews to create a Word document for us both to refer to
- We take any audio dictation you have done and transcribe that as well.
- We then create an initial sample chapter for you comments and direction
- We continue the writing, sharing it with you at regular intervals to enable you to review and correct the content
- At the same time, we can lay the book out on the page so you can see the book come together
- We ask another editor with a fresh pair of eyes to do a final proofread and edit to ensure it is polished and ready
- We can include a cover design service and help with heading, title and strapline plus back cover blurb
At the end of the process you will have a completed and laid-out book, ready for print.
You should budget for around £3,000. An estimate will be provided at the start of the project to take into account your specific needs. The cost of publishing and printing is not included