The Incredible Power of Staff Networks sets out to serve two important functions:
- Make the business case for staff networks so that board members, those in HR and anyone involved in the corporate health of an organisation can tap into the powerful resource of their staff networks.
- Offers practical insight into how to run an effective staff network that can have a positive impact on its members, wider organisation, and the bottom line.
Any successful business, whatever the sector, whatever the marketplace, will:
- Understand the value in managing and harnessing the potential of an increasingly diverse workforce;
- Want to recruit and retain the most talented people;
- Aim to provide the best service to clients and customers. Staff networks, because of their access, insight and experience, can help organisations achieve all of these things and provide valuable perspective. Acting as a collective voice, they can be effective, influential and innovative.
Cherron Inko-Tariah MBE is a former civil servant and has undertaken leadership roles in various policy and strategic positions across Whitehall, including working with Ministers and Permanent Secretaries. She is passionate about staff networks and the positive impact they can have. An accomplished Chair of staff networks (one to award-winning status), Cherron has facilitated bespoke training to educate members on the benefits of proactive development. During her career, she has achieved a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, and a Masters in Employment Studies and Human Resource Management. She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and is also a qualified career coach with the Institute of Leadership and Management. In 2011, Cherron received an MBE for her services to HM Government and her work in the faith community with young people.